If you are a tenant or owner on Marcia Road* (or thinking of becoming one) this website will save you time, money and frustration! Read about…
- Marcia Road’s location, great transport links, and how to avoid a parking fine
- Why the houses look old on the outside but are modern inside
- The history of the area and Marcia Road’s tragic bombing in 1917
- Local amenities, shops, recommended tradespeople and
- Developments that will be happening – check out the council’s plans
And, if you own a house or live here, you can find out…
- What you need to know when moving in
- How to save money by using the heating system efficiently
- What to do if the alarm needs fixing, or the waste disposal unit stops working, or you have other problems, such as what to do with unwanted furniture
- Things you may need to know as a landlord or a tenant, especially for people who have never lived away from home before or who are new to the UK
* The road was named after Marcia Rolls, the mother of Charles Rolls, founder of the Rolls-Royce car company. The family owned the land here when the first houses were built. ‘Marcia’ is pronounced ‘Marse-ia’ as the root of the name goes back to the Roman god Mars. Pronouncing the name as ‘Mar-shah’ seems to be a fairly recent (American) thing.
IMPORTANT SECURITY INFORMATION
FOR OWNERS: Owing to the sensitive nature of this information it cannot be put on the site. Please email site owner Steve regarding this.
FOR OCCUPANTS: Houses have been broken into via unlatched ground and first floor windows. Thieves tend to target computers in particular. Apart from making sure you have contents insurance, it is wise to back up important work regularly to somewhere from where you can recover it. And, if you have a lock on your room door, use it when you go out.